FUHSD Position Statement - Safety
The Fallbrook Union High School District would like to remind parents, students, and community members of our commitment to student safety and wellbeing. Please take the time to review with your child the following recommended safety precautions.
- Always try to walk with a friend. There is safety in numbers.
- Don’t put yourself in a position where you have to walk or ride a bike at night.
- Stay in lighted, well traveled areas while waiting for a ride.
- Run with a partner or better yet in a group and stay together! Look out for one another and be aware of the whereabouts of everyone in your group.
- While working out off campus, carry a cell phone with you at all times. Use a fanny pack if necessary.
- Let your parents know via phone/texting where you are at all times.
- Carry a whistle.
- Work out in public or well lighted areas.
- Run in single file while on roads. Allow different people in your group to take the lead. This is an effective training principle.
- When you can’t find someone to run with, go to the gym.
- Vary your running schedule and location so that you do not have a predictable routine/pattern.
- With parent permission (not during school hours or school activities) carry pepper spray or mace with you while out (must be 16 years of age or older).